Effective Date: October 11, 2021
Welcome! We are TokenWave, the developers behind the popular cryptocurrency and NFT tracking app TokenHead. This Privacy Notice explains how TokenWave LLC (“TokenWave”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collects, uses, discloses, and otherwise processes personal information (as defined below) in connection with:
- our website www.tokenwave.io, our mobile app TokenHead, and our NFT marketplace Droppp (collectively, our “Platforms”) and the related content, services, products, and other functionality offered on or through the Platforms (the “Platform Services”); and
- our work with brands to release NFTs of all shapes and sizes through our NFT Studio (our “Professional Services”).
This Privacy Notice does not address our privacy practices relating to TokenWave employees and other personnel. In addition, this Privacy Notice is not a contract and does not create any legal rights or obligations.
What is an NFT?
Non-fungible tokens or NFTs are digital tokens that let you easily determine ownership and verify authenticity of unique items. Typically, NFTs are digital trading cards or game items, but can be so much more. NFTs are powered by blockchain technology similar to Bitcoin—meaning a shared digital ledger is used to record NFT transactions and track NFT ownership. Our Platforms primarily leverage WAX, a prominent virtual item blockchain developed specifically for NFTs. Although we don’t own WAX or any other virtual item blockchain, we are able leverage public digital ledgers to provide our Platform Services and help our clients develop their own NFTs through our Professional Services.
What is Personal Information?
In connection with our Platform Services and Professional Services, we collect and process personal information. When we use the term “personal information” in this Privacy Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to an individual. It does not include aggregated or deidentified information that is maintained in a form that is not reasonably capable of being associated with or linked to an individual.
Our Collection of Personal Information
Sometimes we collect personal information automatically when an individual interacts with our Services and sometimes we collect personal information directly from an individual. At times, we may collect personal information about an individual from other sources and third parties, even before our first direct interaction.Personal Information Collected from Platform Service Users
We collect the following personal information submitted to us by users of our Platform Services:
Personal Information Collected from Professional Service Clients
- Contact Information, including email address and communication preferences.
- Blockchain Platform Information, including public WAX or other blockchain account name, account picture, balance, NFT collection and value, as well as associated account alias and settings chosen on our Platforms.
- Marketplace Account Information, including first and last name, email address, billing address, shipping address, username and password, cryptocurrency wallet address, keys and related information, account balances, and payment and purchase history information. Please note we utilize a third-party provider to process payments on our behalf and do not accept payment directly through our Platforms.
- Inquiry Information, including information provided in custom messages sent through the forms or contact information provided on our Platforms.
We collect the following personal information submitted to us by users of our Professional Services:
Personal Information Automatically Collected
- Contact Information, including first and last name, email address, mailing address, employer, job title, company name, phone number, and communication preferences.
- Inquiry Information, including information provided in custom messages sent through the forms or contact information provided on our Platforms.
As is true of most digital platforms, we and our third-party providers may also collect personal information from an individual’s device, browsing actions and site usage patterns automatically when visiting or interacting with our Platforms, which may include:
- Log Data, such as internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type, browser id, the URL entered and the referring page/campaign, date/time of visit, the time spent on our Platforms, and any errors that may occur during the visit to our Platforms.
- Analytics Data, such as the electronic path taken to our Platforms, through our Platforms and when exiting our Platforms, as well as usage and activity on our Platform.
- Location Data, such as general geographic location based on the log data we or our third-party providers collect.
We and our third-party providers may use (i) cookies or small data files that are stored on an individual’s computer and (ii) other, related technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, and logging technologies (collectively, “cookies”) to automatically collect this personal information. For example, we use Google Analytics to collect information about the use of our Platforms. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users access the Platforms, what pages they access when they do so and what other sites they used prior to using the Platforms. To learn more about the use of data collection technologies by Google for analytics and to exercise choice regarding those technologies, please visit the Google Analytics Opt-Out browser add-on page available here.
To manage cookies, an individual may change their browser settings to: (i) notify them when they receive a cookie, so the individual can choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact an individual’s experience using our Platform, as some features and offerings may not work properly or at all. Depending on an individual’s device and operating system, the individual may not be able to delete or block all cookies. In addition, if an individual wants to reject cookies across all browsers and devices, the individual will need to do so on each browser on each device they actively use. An individual may also set their email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether they have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it.Personal Information from Third Parties
We also obtain personal information from third parties; which we often combine with personal information we collect either automatically or directly from an individual.
We may receive the same categories of personal information as described above from the following third parties:
- Third-Party Wallet Extensions: Cryptocurrency wallets may provide us with your wallet address and certain other information you choose to share with other cryptocurrency wallets.
- Single Sign-On: We allow users to sign on to our platforms through certain third-party accounts the user maintains. When a user uses single sign-on services to access our platform, we do not receive the user’s login credentials for the relevant third-party service. Instead, we receive tokens from the single sign-on service to help identify the user in our system (such as by a user’s username) and confirm the user successfully authenticated with the single sign-on services. This information allows us to more easily provide users access to our platforms.
- Professional Service Clients: When we interact with prospective, current and former Professional Service clients, they may provide us with information about an individual on their team or otherwise connected to the client or their organization.
- Social Media: When an individual interacts with us through various social media networks, such as when someone communicates with us through Twitter, Telegram or Discord, we may receive some information about the individual that they permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon an individual’s privacy settings with the social network. Individuals should always review and, if necessary, adjust their privacy settings on third-party websites and social media networks and services before sharing information and/or linking or connecting them to other services.
- Service Providers: Our service providers that perform services solely on our behalf, such as payment processing and marketing providers, collect personal information and often share some or all of this information with us.
- Affiliates. We may receive personal information from other companies owned or controlled by TokenWave, and other companies owning or under common ownership with TokenWave (including Funko, LLC). This includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns, particularly when we collaborate in providing services.
- Information Providers: We may from time to time obtain information from third-party information providers to correct or supplement personal information we collect. For example, we may obtain updated contact information from third-party information providers to reconnect with an individual.
- Publicly Available Sources: We collect personal information about individuals that we do not otherwise have, such as contact information or an individual’s interest in our services, from publicly available sources. We may combine this information with the information we collect from an individual directly.
Our Use of Personal Information
We use personal information we collect to:
- Fulfill or meet the reason the information was provided, such as to fulfill our contractual obligations, to deliver the Platform Services or Professional Services you have requested and to process transactions, including facilitating your cryptocurrency transactions;
- Manage our organization and its day-to-day operations;
- Communicate with individuals, including via email, text message, social media and/or telephone calls;
- Market our Platform Services and Professional Services to individuals, including through social media, email, and other online venues;
- Administer, improve, and personalize our Platform Services and Professional Services, including by recognizing an individual and remembering their information when they return to our Platforms;
- Facilitate the processing of payment in connection with our Platform Services and Professional Services;
- Facilitate client benefits and services, including customer support;
- Identify and analyze how individuals use our Platform Services and Professional Services;
- Conduct research and analytics on our client and user base and our Platform Services and Professional Services;
- Improve and customize our Platform Services and Professional Services to address the needs and interests of our client and user base and other individuals we interact with;
- Test, enhance, update, and monitor the Platform Services and Professional Services, or diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our property and Platforms, technology assets, and business;
- Defend, protect, or enforce our rights or applicable contracts and agreements;
- Prevent, investigate, or provide notice of fraud or unlawful or criminal activity; and
- Comply with legal obligations.
Where an individual chooses to contact us, we may need additional information to fulfill the request or respond to inquiries. We may provide you with additional privacy-related information where the scope of the inquiry/request and/or personal information we require fall outside the scope of this Privacy Notice. In that case, the additional privacy notice will govern how we may process the information provided at that time.
Our Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose Personal Information in the following ways:
- Affiliates. We may share personal information with other companies owned or controlled by TokenWave, and other companies owning or under common ownership with TokenWave (including Funko, LLC). This includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns, particularly when we collaborate in providing services.
- Third-Party Wallet Extensions. We may share your information with cryptocurrency wallets to process cryptocurrency transactions.
- Droppp Marketplace Users. If you use our Droppp NFT Marketplace, we may disclose your public Marketplace Account Information to other Droppp NFT Marketplace users, as well as any other information you choose to provide or make public.
- Marketing Providers. We coordinate and share personal information with our marketing providers to communicate with individuals about the Platform Services and Professional Services we make available.
- Customer Service and Communication Providers: We share personal information with third parties who assist us in providing our customer services and facilitating our communications with individuals that submit inquiries.
- Other Service Providers: In addition to the third parties identified above, we engage other third-party service providers that perform business or operational services for us or on our behalf, such as website hosting, infrastructure provisioning, IT services, analytics services, payment processing services and administrative services.
- Business Transaction or Reorganization: We may take part in or be involved with a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets. We may disclose personal information to a third party during negotiation of, in connection with or as an asset in such a corporate business transaction. Personal information may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
- Legal Obligations and Rights: We may disclose personal information to third parties, such as legal advisors and law enforcement:
Otherwise with Consent or Direction: We may disclose personal information about an individual to certain other third parties or publicly with their consent or direction. For example, with an individual’s consent or direction we may post their testimonial on our Platforms or service-related publications.
- in connection with the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- to comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others, including to enforce our agreements and policies;
- to detect, suppress, or prevent fraud;
- to protect the health and safety of us and others; or
- as otherwise required by applicable law.
Children’s Personal Information
Our Services are not directed to, and we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. If an individual is under the age of 13, they should not use our Services or otherwise provide us with any personal information either directly or by other means. If a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us to request that we remove the personal information from our systems. If we learn that any personal information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that personal information.
We may choose or be required by law to provide different or additional information relating to the processing of personal information (as defined below) about residents of certain states. Please refer below for additional information that may be applicable to you:
- Nevada: If you are a resident of the State of Nevada, Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. Although we do not currently sell covered information, please contact us at [email protected] to submit such a request.
Links to Third-Party Websites or Services
Our Platforms may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Except where we post, link to or expressly adopt or refer to this Privacy Notice, this Privacy Notice does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, any personal information practices of third-party websites and online services or the practices of other third parties. To learn about the personal information practices of third parties, please visit their respective privacy notices.
Updates to This Privacy Notice
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will change the date at the beginning of this Privacy Notice. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify individuals by email to their registered email address, by prominent posting on our Platforms, or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Privacy Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to [email protected].
Alternatively, inquiries may be addressed to:
2802 Wetmore Avenue
Everett, WA 98021